Anko Test Equipment Calibration offers calibration services for Physical Dimensional Calibrations and Repairs equipment in at our calibration lab in San Diego County.
What is a physical/dimensional calibration?
Physical/dimensional refers to a metrology discipline that encompasses a variety of equipment and tools. The following list are examples of items that fall under the physical/dimensional category.
Torque Wrenches, Pressure Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gages, Dial Indicators, Digital Indicators, Protractors, Pin Gages/Plug Gages, Thread Plug Gages, Thread Ring Gages, Plain Ring Gages, Gage Blocks, etc.
Why does physical dimensional equipment require calibration?
Torque and pressure items require calibration for safety reasons. Not applying the proper torque can have disastrous results. Imagine if the lug nuts on a car wheel were not torqued down properly. That could cause the wheel to come off while someone was driving. Inaccurate pressure gauges can also lead to unsafe situations. A steam pipe could be over pressurized, but the gauge might be indicating a lower pressure, which could lead to that pipe bursting and injuring somebody.
Dimensional items such as calipers, micrometers, and pin gages are often used in inspection areas. It’s important that these items measure accurately or it could lead to undersized or oversized parts being released to production. This could result in products not being properly assembled, which could also have safety ramifications or could result in having to issue a product recall.
What is Anko Electronics‘ capability?
- Anko can calibrate torque wrenches up to 600 ft-lbs.
- Anko can calibrate pressure gauges up to 10,000 psi.
- Anko can calibrate calipers and micrometers up to 100 inches.
- Anko can calibrate height gages up to 100 inches.
- Anko can calibrate plain ring gages up to 12 inches.
- Anko can calibrate pin/plug gages up to 10 inches.
- Anko can calibrate gage blocks up to 4 inches to an accuracy of Grade 2.
- Balances and Scales Calibrations
- Dial Indicators Calibrations
- Force Gages Calibrations
- Gage Blocks Calibrations
- Hardness Testers Calibrations
- Levels Calibrations
- Micrometers and Calipers Calibrations
- Microscopes Calibrations
- Optical Comparators Calibrations
- Plug, Pin, Ring Gages Calibrations
- Pressure and Torque Calibrations
- Profile Projectors Calibrations
- Thread Plugs Calibrations